Railway Board issued an order for granting of NDA to Railway employees in respect of eligible non gazetted Officers up to pay level 7
Night Duty Allowance in Railway Latest News
NDA to Railway employees
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA/भारत सरकार
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS/रेल मंत्रालय
(Railway Board) रेलवे बोर्ड
RBE No. 85/2022
New Delhi, dated 21 .07.2022
The General Managers / CAOs,
All Indian Railways &
Night duty allowance in Railway 2022
Sub:-Payment of Night Duty Allowance NDA to Railway employees-Clarifications reg.
Please refer to Board’s letter of even number dated 29.09.2020 (RBE No. 83/2020) whereby para 2 of Board’s letter of even number dated 08.03.2018 (RBE No. 36/2018) has been modified duly incorporating a clause of ceiling of basic pay of Rs. 43600/- for entitlement of Night Duty Allowance as per the instructions of DoP&T.
Night duty allowance Rules in Railway
2. After issue of Board’s instructions dt. 29.09.2020, the demand of the Federations/Associations has been received to remove the basic pay ceiling limit for entitlement of Night Duty Allowance. The matter has been examined in consultation with DoP&T and MoF(DoE) and it has been decided as under:
i. NDA may be granted to all eligible non-gazetted employees of Ministry of Railways upto Pay Level – 7 (including those who are granted the benefit of MACP in Pay Level – 8). However, maximum Basic Pay for working out hourly rate of NDA shall remain Rs. 43600/- i.e. the prescribed ceiling fixed vide Board’s letter of even number dt. 29.09.2020.
ii. Other terms and conditions to grant NDA shall remain unchanged.
3. The above instructions would be effective provisionally w.e.f. 04.07.2022 i.e. from the date of issue of approval by Ministry of Finance on the subject.
4. Further, the matter is being referred separately to Ministry of Finance/Department of Expenditure for clarification reg. date of effect of the decision and reg. the issue of recovery of NDA.
5. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
6. Hindi version is enclosed.
Joint Director, Estt.(P&A)
What is NDA ceiling?
The maximum Basic Pay for working out hourly rate of NDA. Now the prescribed NDA ceiling is Rs.43600/-
Get Free Email Updates