Women In Central Armed Police Forces
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO. 865
TO BE ANSWERED ON THE 14TH DECEMBER, 2022/ AGRAHAYANA 23, 1944 (SAKA)
WOMEN IN CENTRAL ARMED POLICE FORCES (CAPFs)
865 SHRI SUJEET KUMAR:
SHRI NIRANJAN BISHI:
Will the Minister of HOME AFFAIRS be pleased to state:
(a) whether the percentage of women in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) against the total sanctioned strength is less than 4 per cent;
(b) if so, what measures have been taken to boost intake of women candidates;
(c) what action has been taken on reports of internal harassment within these CAPFs;
(d) whether funding has been allocated for specially targeting recruitment of women; and
(e) if so, the details thereof?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS (SHRI NITYANAND RAI)
(a) & (b) The existing strength of women personnel in Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles is 34,278 against the sanctioned strength of 10,12,568 i.e. 3.38% of the sanctioned strength. The Steps taken to encourage recruitment of women personnel in CAPFs & AR are at Annexure-I.
(c) Harassment of women at work place is being dealt very seriously. Cases related to harassment of women at work place are being dealt expeditiously as per norms laid down by the Government. Internal Complaint Committees (ICC) at all levels have been sensitized with regard to expeditious processing of the complaints of women personnel with due emphasis on thorough enquiry and timely submission of their reports and findings as and when such complaints are received. Based on the same, suitable disciplinary and administrative action is immediately initiated, wherever applicable.
(d) & (e) Recruitment is an ongoing process for both male and female candidates. Various steps are being taken to encourage recruitment of women personnel in CAPFs and AR as mentioned at Annexure-I.
Steps taken to encourage the recruitment of Women candidates in CAPFs & ARs
- Recruitment is being conducted by making wide publicity through print/electronic media. All female candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
- There are relaxations in Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Efficiency Test(PET) for all female candidates for recruitment in CAPFs in comparison to Male candidates.
- One female member is detailed as member of the board for making recruitment of women personnel.
- Creches and Day Care Centres have been provided by the CAPFs to women employees.
- Women personnel are given equal opportunity in their career progression i.e. promotion/seniority as per the RRs at par with male counter parts.
Get Free Email Updates