Instructions for Online Registration for KV Admission for 2018-19
Online Registration for Admission for 1st standard in Kendriya Vidyalaya was introduced last year. As it received overwhelming response the practice of Online Admission continues this year also.
The Parents must read the instructions carefully before start applying through Online.
The following instructions pertain to online registration and application for admission (during Feb-March 2018) to Std 1 for the academic year 2018-2019.
Parents are advised to familiarize themselves with KVS admission rules, regulations and guidelines as available at http://www.kvsangathan.nic.in/AdmissionGuideLine.aspx
- Only registrations and applications for admission to Std I during Feb-Mar 2018, and for the academic year 2018-2019, can be made through this portal.
- Mere registration and submission of the application form DOES NOT confer a right to admission to any child. Admissions will be offered by each individual Vidyalaya, depending on available seats and as per KVS guidelines (http://www.kvsangathan.nic.in/AdmissionGuideLine.aspx) after examining all application details. Parents are requested to check the results/shortlists of admissions with the individual Vidyalayas on the date announced by KVS/individual Vidyalayas for declaration of admission results.
- For admission application under ‘Special Provisions” as detailed in KVS guidelines (http://www.kvsangathan.nic.in/AdmissionGuideLine.aspx), except under the Single Girl Child category, parents are required to submit the online application form through the portal, and then contact the Principal of the concerned Vidyalaya directly (not through the admission portal), citing the unique enrolment id assigned by the portal and along with all documentary evidence required ( hard copies) for applying under ‘Special Provisions’.
- For admission application under the Single Girl Child category, parents are required to submit the online application form and also upload all necessary documents/affidavits as required in the portal, just like any other admission application. There is no need to contact the Principal of the Vidyalayas (to which the child is seeking admission) directly in this case.
- All fields marked with a red * are mandatory, and must be filled in.
- The first name, middle name and last name of the child seeking admission, as well as his/her date of birth, a valid email address and a valid mobile number for contacting (if necessary) and a declaration of whether the child is seeking admission under the “Differently Abled” category must be provided at the time of registration. These details cannot be subsequently changed in the application form. So parents are advised to enter these details exactly, and as per documentary evidence (like birth certificate) available with them.
- After successful registration, an applicant must log in to the application form submission portal to fill out the application form and submit it. Merely registering does not result in any application form being submitted to KVS.
- Every successfully registered applicant will be assigned a unique enrolment id. This unique enrolment id along with the registered email address and date of birth of the child given at the time of registration (sign up) will be used to authenticate an applicant when logging in to the application form submission portal.
- Only one application form can be filled in with a single enrolment id. However, a choice of upto three different Vidyalayas can be given in a single form. Parents who wish to apply to more than three Vidyalayas need to register separately for submitting application forms to additional Vidyalayas (beyond three). The same email address and date of birth can be used for two separate registrations in such cases — however, the unique enrolment id assigned by the system will be different for each registration. If a Vidyalaya has two shifts, the same Vidyalaya will show as two separate Vidyalayas for shift 1 and shift 2 in the application form.
- In the application form, a “Save Application” button has been provided to help applicants save the (possibly partially filled) data, and resume filling the application form at a later time. Thus, the entire application form need not be filled in one session. However, by pressing the “Save Application” button, the form data is only saved for the applicant to continue filling the form in a later session. The form data is NOT submitted to KVS or to the respective Vidyalayas by pressing the “Save Application” button.
- In order to submit the application form data to KVS and to the Vidyalayas to which the child is applying for admission, it is NECESSARY to log in to the application form submission portal, fill out all required fields in different sections/tabs of the form, upload scans/images of all required documents, click on the check-box next to “I have read the above mentioned terms and conditions and I agree with them” (in the “Declaration and Submit” section/tab of the form), and then press the “Submit Your Application” button
- Unless all mandatory fields have been filled in the form, and all mandatory documents uploaded, the portal will not allow an applicant to submit the application form by pressing the “Submit Your Application” button.
- Even after the “Submit Your Application” button has been pressed, changes can be made to the form at any time until the last date of application, as specified by KVS. This can be done by logging in to the application form submission portal using the unique enrolment id, email address given at the time of registration and date of birth provided at the time of registration. However, any modifications made to the form will NOT be visible to KVS and to the Vidyalayas to which the child is seeking admission until the the check-box next to “I have read the above mentioned terms and conditions and I agree with them” is ticked and the “Submit Your Application” button in the “Declaration and Submit” tab is pressed again (as in Step 11 above).
- The applicant can edit the application form data and save it by pressing “Save Application” at any time until the last date of submission of forms, as announced by KVS. However, unless the “Submit Your Application” button is pressed in the “Declaration and Submit” tab after making edits (however small), the data will not be made available to KVS and to the Vidyalayas to which the child is seeking admission.
- Any edit (however small) made in an already submitted application form invalidates all earlier submissions made to KVS/individual Vidyalayas through the portal. Parents are therefore strongly advised to ensure that the “Submit Your Application” button in the “Declaration and Submit” tab of the form is pressed after they have made their final edits to the application form.
- A list of documents needed for the admission application will be displayed in the “Upload Documents” tab of the application form.
- Parents are required to upload scans/pictures of all required documents to support the information given in the application. Only PDF and JPEG files can be uploaded for this purpose. Each scan/picture file to be uploaded must be of size at most 256KB. Parents are therefore advised to scan/take pictures of documents at an appropriate resolution so that all details are clearly visible, and the size of each file to be uploaded doesn’t exceed 256KB. Some pro forma document samples have been made available through a link at the top of the online application form (after logging in).
- Parents are advised to save (and preferably print) the unique enrollment id assigned after successful registration, and also the acknowledgement page shown after successfully submitting the application.
- Instructions for filling up the form and all other relevant information are available on the KVS website.
- Originals of all supporting documents uploaded while submitting the form must be presented to the concerned Vidyalaya at the time of admission, if admission is confirmed by a Vidyalaya.
- For detail admission guideline login to website http://www.kvsangathan.nic.in/AdmissionGuideLine.aspx.
B. Instructions to fill the form:
The online admission application process includes the following steps.
- Reading the instructions
- First-time user registration (sign-up)
- Login (sign-in) to the admission application portal
- Filling in admission application form and uploading documents
- Reviewing form, checking declaration and submitting form
- Acknowledgement of submission
Each step is explained in detail in further sections.
Once the portal is opened, the instructions for filling the form will be displayed. It is mandatory for each first-time user to read these instructions before registering and filling the form. Once a first time user reads and clicks on the declaration checkbox (certifying that the user has read and understood all the instructions) the Proceed button will be enabled. On pressing Proceed button, user will be directed to Sign up / sign in page.
- Registration (sign-up) of first-time user
For the first time user, she/he needs to register/ sign up in the portal. To register / sign up, the following information of the child needs to be filled.
- First name of child : It is a mandatory field. The data entered here can not be modified after sign up.
- Middle name of child : The data entered here can not be modified after sign up.
- Last name of child: The data entered here can not be modified after sign up.
Parents are advised to enter the first, middle and last names of the child as in the birth certificate (or other admissible document certifying the name of the child)
4. Date of birth of child: It is a mandatory field.
Please enter as per birth certificate of your ward issued by competent authority.
Age as on : Kindly note that the minimum age for admission to Std 1 is 5 years and the maximum admissible age is 7 years as on 31 .3 .2018, with a 2 year relaxation in upper age limit of “Differently Abled” candidates. Thus, the allowed range of date of birth of a child seeking admission is: 1.04.2011 to 1.04.2013 for applications not in the “Differently Abled” category. The allowed range of date of birth of a child seeking admission in the “Differently Abled” category is 1.04.2009 to 1.04.2013.
If the entered date of birth does not live in above mentioned range, sign up/registration will not be allowed.
A scan/picture of Proof of Date of Birth must be uploaded while submitting the online application form. For Class I, certificate of proof of age must be in the form of a birth certificate issued by the authority competent to register births. This will include certificates from Notified Area Council / Municipality / Municipal Corporation / extract about the date of birth from records of Village Panchayat, Military Hospital and service records of Defence personnel. The original certificate of date of birth must be produced at the time of admission, if offered, and will be returned after verification.
- Is the child differently-abled? : It is a mandatory field. Please select Yes if applicable otherwise select No. This information cannot be modified after sign up.
A scan/picture of proof of disability can be uploaded (if applicable) when filling in the admission application form. Such a proof includes:
A certificate from the civil surgeon / rehabilitation centre or any other competent authority defined by the Government of India O.M. No. 36035/5/88/Estt.(sct) dated 4.5.1999 certifying the child to be handicapped, wherever applicable.
In case, where the handicap of the child can be visually seen by the Principal, the child may be accepted as handicapped even without a certificate. However, the parent may be advised to obtain the relevant certificate from the competent authority and submit the same to the Vidyalaya at a later time.
Email address : It is a mandatory field. Please enter a valid email address. This will be used for further communication by KVS/Vidyalayas, if required.
Mobile number: It is a mandatory field. Please enter valid mobile number. It will be used for further communication by KVS/Vidyalayas, if required.
IMPORTANT: Information entered in the above fields during registration will be displayed pre-filled in the admission application form, and can not be modified in the admission application form. Therefore, parents are advised to enter this information carefully. All information entered on the registration form
After entering correct details for registration, press the Submit button.
This will cause an acknowledgement page to be displayed, where a unique 17-digit enrolment ID will be displayed. Please save the enrolment ID and do not share this number with anybody. This enrolment ID will be used for logging in to the admission application portal to fill in and submit the application form.
Parents are advised to save and print the acknowledgement page containing the unique enrolment id, for future reference. Without this enrolment id, it is not possible to submit an admission application form.
For logging into the application form submission portal, please click on the “Click here” link at the bottom of the acknowledgement page after successfully registering.
Alternatively, if registration has already been done before, one can go directly to the “Login” tab after reading the instructions.