I am directed to refer to the subject mentioned above and to state that requirement of vigilance clearance is a pre-requisite for granting permission to the officers/officials on private foreign visit as advised by DOP&T vide O.M. No. 11012/15/2013-Estt.A dated 2nd January, 2014(copy enclosed).
2. It is, therefore, necessary to send application for grant of ex-India leave to the Board at least one month in advance for enabling the Board to complete the requisite formality.
3. This issues with the approval of Member(P&V), CBDT.
Requirement of vigilance clearance for officers going abroad on private visit.
The undersigned is directed to refer to Central Board of Direct Taxes, Department of Revenue I.D. No 114847/Ad-VI(A) dated 16.08.2013 and a OM of even no dated 20.09.2013 on the subject mentioned above and to say that as per Rule 17 of the CCS(Leave) Rules, 1972, leave shall not to be granted to a Government Servant whom a competent punishing authority has decided to dismiss, remove or compulsorily retire from service. Leave sanctioning authority shall get prior approval before sanctioning leave for “going abroad” as per O.M. No. 11013/7/94-Esn.(A) dated 18.05.1994 and O.M. No.11013/7/2004-Estt.(A) dated 01.09.2008 (copy enclosed).
2. It is also stated that a blanket order exempting requirement of examination from vigilance angle as proposed in DGIT(Vig.) letter dated 13.05.2013 is not advisable.
3. This issues with the approval of Joint Secretary (F)
Requirement of taking prior permission by Government servants for leaving station headquarters for going abroad while on leave.
The undersigned is directed to refer to Department of Personnel and Training’s O.M. No. 11013/8/2000-Estt. (A) dated the 7th November, 2000 on the above mentioned subject and to say that in para 2 thereof, it was conveyed that while granting leave the sanctioning authority shall take prior approval , if required, for permitting the officer to go abroad as per the existing instructions.
2. References are being received regarding the competent authority whose permission is to be taken by the leave sanctioning authority before sanctioning leave to a Government servant to go abroad. It is clarified that the competent authority as per the aforesaid Office Memorandum dated the 7th November, 2000 is to the competent authority in terms of the instructions, if any, issued by the Cadre Authority or the administrative Ministries/Departments themselves. Department of Personnel and Training has not issued any instructions in this regard in respect of the Central Government servants. In the absence of any such instructions, the approval of the leave sanctioning authority would imply approval to the visit abroad also. It may be ensured that the leave applications in such cases invariably mention the purpose of going abroad.
Get Free Email Updates