Bonus Ceiling Increase Extended to CG Staff From 1.4.2014
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
(Department of Expenditure)
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 29th August, 2016
Subject: Grant of Productivity Linked Bonus (PLB) and non-productivity Linked Bonus (Ad-hoc bonus) in case of Central Government employees for the accounting year 2014-15 – enhancement of the calculation ceiling- Regarding.
The undersigned is directed to invite attention to this Ministry’s 0M No.7/24/2007/E-lll.A dated regarding grant of non-productivity Linked Bonus (Ad-hoc Bonus) to the Central Government employees for the accounting year 2014-2015, whereby the calculation ceiling for the purpose of payment of ad-hoc bonus was monthly emoluments of Rs.3500. The Productivity Linked Bonus (PLB) in case of Central Government employees working under certain Ministries/Departments, where such PLB was in operation in 2014-15, was also paid by the respective Ministries/Departments for the accounting year 2014-15 based on the concurrence of this Ministry with the calculation ceiling at monthly emoluments of Rs. 3500.
2. The question of enhancement of the calculation ceiling for the purpose of payment of PLB and non-PLB (ad-hoc bonus), as the case may be, to the Central Government employees has been considered and the President is pleased to decide that the calculation ceiling of monthly emoluments for the purpose of payment of PLB and ad-hoc bonus, as the case may be, shall be revised to Rs.7000 w.e.f. 01.04.2014, i.e., for the accounting year 2014-15.
3. Accordingly, the PLB or ad-hoc bonus, as the case may be, as already paid to the eligible Central Government employees for the accounting year 2014-15 in terms of the above 0M dated 16.10.2015 pertaining to ad-hoc bonus and the respective sanctions issued by the concerned Ministries/Departments in respect of PLB under the respective schemes in operation during 2014-15 based on the specific concurrence of this Ministry, shall be re-worked out based on the calculation ceiling of monthly emoluments of Rs.7000 instead of Rs.3500.
4. While re-working out payment of PLB or ad-hoc orders, as the case may be, under these orders for the accounting year 2014-15, all the other terms and conditions under which the payment was made shall remain unchanged.
5. In respect of their application to the employees working in the Indian Audit and Accounts Departments, these orders are issued in consultation with the office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
6. Hindi version of this order will follow.
(Amar Nath Singh)
Get Free Email Updates