Grant of Deputation Duty Allowance at 7th CPC Rates – Finmin Order
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel 8, Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 24th November 2017
Subject:- Grant of Deputation (Duty) Allowance – Recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission-Regarding.
This Department’s OM No. 6/8/2009-Estt. (Pay-II) dated 17.6.2010 inter-alia provides for rates of Deputation (Duty) Allowance admissible to Central Government employees.
2. As provided in para 7 of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure’s Resolution No. 1-2/2016-IC dated 25th July, 2016, the matter regarding allowances (except Dearness Allowance) based On the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC) was referred to a Committee under the Chairmanship of Finance Secretary and until a final decision thereon, all Allowances have been paid at the existing rates in the existing pay structure.
3. The decision Of the Government On various allowances based on the recommendations of the 7th CPC and in the light of the recommendations of the Committee under the Chairmanship of the Finance Secretary has since been issued as per the Resolution No. 1 1-1/2O16-IC dated 6th July 2017 of Department of Expenditure.
4. As mentioned at Sl. No.46 of the Appendix-II of the said Resolution dated 6th July 2017, the recommendation of the 7th CPC for enhancement of ceiling of Deputation (Duty) Allowance for Civilians by 2.25 times has been accepted and this decision is effective from 1st July 2017. Accordingly, the President is pleased to decide that the rates Of Deputation (Duty) Allowance and certain Other Conditions relating to grant of Deputation (Duty) Allowance shall be as under: –
The Deputation (Duty) Allowance admissible shall be at the following rates:
a) In case of deputation within the same station the Deputation (Duty) Allowance will be payable at the rate of 5% of basic pay subject to a maximum of Rs.4500 p.m.
b) In case of deputation involving Change Of station, the Deputation (Duty) Allowance will be payable at the rate of 10% of the basic pay subject to a maximum of Rs.9000 p.m.
c) The ceilings will further rise by 25 percent each time Dearness Allowance increases by 50 percent.
d) Basic Pay, from time to time, plus Deputation (Duty) Allowance shall not exceed the basic pay in the apex level i.e. Rs. 2, 25,000/-. In the case of Government servants receiving Non Practising Allowance, their basic pay plus Non-Practising Allowance plus Deputation (Duty) Allowance shall not exceed the average of basic pay of the revised scale applicable to the Apex Level and the Level of the Cabinet Secretary i.e. Rs.2,37,500/-.
Note: 1 “Basic pay’ in the revised pay structure (the pay structure based on 7th Central Pay Commission recommendations) means the pay drawn by the deputationist, from time to time, in the prescribed Level, in Pay Matrix, of the post held by him Substantively in the parent Cadre, but does not include any other type Of pay like personal pay, etc.
Note: 2 In cases where the basic pay in parent Cadre has been upgraded on account of non-functional upgradation (NFU), Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACP), Non-Functional Selection Grade (NFSG), etc., the upgraded basic pay under Such upgradations shall not be taken into account for the purpose of Deputation (Duty) Allowance.
Note 3 In the Case of a Proforma Promotion under Next Below Rule (NBR): If such a Proforma Promotion is in a Level of the Pay Matrix which is higher than that of the ex-Cadre post, the basic pay under such Proforma Promotion shall not be taken into account for the purpose of Deputation (Duty) Allowance. However, if such a Proforma Promotion under NBR is in a Level of the pay matrix which is equal to or below that of the ex-cadre post, Deputation (Duty) Allowance shall be admissible on the basic pay of the parent Cadre post allowed under the proforma promotion, if opted by the deputationist.
Note 4 In case of Reverse Foreign Service, if the appointment is made to post whose pay structure and/ or Dearness Allowance (DA) pattern is dissimilar to that in the parent Organization, the Option for electing to draw the basic pay in the parent cadre along with the Deputation (Duty) Allowance thereon and the personal pay, if any will not be available to such employee.
Note: 5 The term ‘same station’ for the purpose will be determined with reference to the station where the person was on duty before proceeding on deputation.
Note: 6 Where there is no change in the headquarters with reference to the last post held, the transfer should be treated as within the same station and when there is change in headquarters it would be treated as not in the same station. So far as places falling within the same urban agglomeration of the Old headquarters are Concerned, they would be treated as transfer within the same station.
5. Para 6. 1 of this Department’s OM No.6/8/2009 – Estt (Pay-II) dated 17.6.2010 stands amended to the above effect.
6. In so far as persons serving in the Indian Audit & Accounts Department are concerned, these Orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
7. These Orders shall take effect from 1st July, 2017.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Get Free Email Updates