Special Increment in 7th CPC for Participating Sports Events
No. 6/1/2017-Estt (Pay-I)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 11th June, 2018
Subject: Grant of special increment in the form of personal pay to Central Government Servants for participation in sporting events and tournaments of National or International importance, in the 7th CPC Scenario— reg.
Subsequent to the implementation of the recommendations of the 7th CPC and issuance of CCS(RP) Rules 2016, the system of running Pay Bands and Grade Pays have been replaced by pay matrix. Accordingly, in partial modification of this Department’s OM No. 6/1/2013-Estt.(Pay-I) dated 19.09.2013, the President is pleased to revise the rates of special increment granted in the form of personal pay to Central Government Servants, for participation in sporting events and tournaments of National or International importance, as indicated in Column 5 of Annexure to this Office Memorandum.
2. The revised rates and these guidelines will be effective from 01.07.2017.
3. In respect of the Government Servants who are already getting the special increments as Personal Pay in accordance with this Department’s OM dated 19.09.2013, the rates for them have also been revised as per Column 5 of the Annexure to this Office Memorandum. The rate of revised Personal Pay to these Government servants is to be granted based on the Grade Pay attached to the post in which they were placed at the time of participating in the sporting event for which they are getting special increment as Personal Pay.
3.1. Illustration: (a):
3.2. Illustration: (b):
4. The Central Government servants who become eligible for grant of special increment in the form of personal pay on or after 01.07.2017, shall be entitled to the Personal Pay prescribed in Column (5) of the Annexure to this OM, corresponding to the level of the post in the Pay Matrix [indicated in Column (4)1, in which the Government Servant is placed at the time of participating in the sporting event.
Level of the post in the Pay Matrix in which the Government Servant is placed at the time of participating in sporting event Level 7 Amount corresponding to Level 7 in Column (5) of the Annexure to this OM :1020/-
5. This Personal Pay shall not count for any service matters like pay fixation on promotion, retirement benefits or any other allowances like HRA etc.
6. The entitled Central Government servant should claim the benefits within six months from the date of completion of the overall sporting event.
7. All the other terms and conditions governing the subject matter shall remain unchanged and will continue to apply.
8. In so far as persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders are issued with the concurrence of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
9. Hindi version will follow.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India