Here comes the rules regulating the method of recruitment to Library and Information Officer, Assistant Library and Information Officer of Indian Railways
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, the 7th February, 2022
G.S.R. 101(E).- In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution of India and in supersession of the Research Designs and Standards Organisation (Group ‘A’ and Group ’B’) Recruitment Rules, 1984, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to Library and Information Officer, Assistant Library and Information Officer of Indian Railways, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.-(i) These rules may be called the Indian Railways Library and Information Officer, Assistant Library and Information Officer Recruitment Rules, 2022.
(ii) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Application.-These rules shall apply to the posts specified in columns(1) of the schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Number of posts, classification and level in pay matrix-The number of posts, their classification and the level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the aforesaid Schedule annexed to these rules.
4. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualification, etc.The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating thereto shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
5. Disqualifications.-No person,
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government, may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
6. Power to relax.-Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient to do so, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing and in consultation with the Union Public Service Commission relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
7. Saving.-Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward class, Ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons, in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
Get Free Email Updates