Minutes of PNM Meeting between Railway Board and AIRF (All India Railwaymen’s Federation ) held on 24th & 25th JUNE, 2022
Section – A: Introduction
CRB & CEO as Chairman of the meeting addressed the gathering.
Chairman, Railway Board welcomed Dr. N. Kanniah, President/AIRF, Shri Shiva Gopal Mishra, General Secretary/AIRF, other representatives of AIRF and members of the Official Side to the PNM Meeting. Chairman, Railway Board congratulated all Railway employees for their hard work and dedication which has resulted in best ever performances in many areas, despite the challenges of Covid Pandemic. He also congratulated the Federations for their continued cooperation and expressed hope that Railway employees will continue to work with the same dedication and cooperation to achieve even higher results. It was observed that Agenda Items of PNM/AIRF will be discussed and resolved fruitfully in this meeting.
Minutes of PNM Meeting
CRB informed the Federation as under:-
- During the year 2021-22, highest ever loading of 1418 MT was done by Indian Railways which is 15% higher in comparison to previous year and such percentage growth in loading considered to be an excellent performance for any organization in the transportation industry.
- Highest ever Railway electrification of 6366 Kms has been carried out during 2021-22.
- Highest ever commissioning of New Line/Multi Tracking/Guage Conversion of 2908 Km in the year 2021-22.
- Highest ever Rolling Stock induction of 1110 Electric Locomotives & 6291 LHB coaches has been done during the year.
- Highest ever Capital investment of Rs.1.90 Lakh Cr. has been made into the system for creation of infrastructure during 2021-22.
- Best ever scrap sales of Rs.5316 cr was also achieved during the year 2021-22.
- IR have set its own challenges and targets for freight loading and also in other areas. Railways have to gear up to meet the challenges and achieve the targets to improve its overall operating ratio.
- This year, IR have kept the target of 1700 MT of loading, 6000 Km of New Line/Multi Tracking/ Guage Conversion, and 9000 Km of Railway Electrification.
- In rolling stock, we are inducting about one lakh wagons over a period of three years and this is already underway. Target of 1290 electric locomotives has been set for 2022-23 and 2023-24.
- IR is taking policy decisions like Gati Shakti Cargo Terminal, ‘One Station One Product’ and also rolled out our indigenous technology of Kavach. A target of roll out of Kavach over 2000 Kms has been kept for the year 2022-23.
- IR is trying to simplify rules and regulations in the interest of our own Railway employees and departmental promotions are being expedited.
- Our traffic share is presently about 28%. If we are able to achieve the target of 17 MT of loading, our traffic share will definitely improve.
Chairman, Railway Board congratulated all Railwaymen for their performance and hard work and also appealed them for even a better performance to achieve the targets and desired results.
Click here to read further – Source: Minutes of PNM Meeting