Reservation in the promotion to PwBDs
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
14 September, 2022
1. All Chief Postmasters General,
2. Chief General Manager, PLI Directorate
3. Director, RAKNPA, Ghaziabad
4. Directors of All PTCs
Subject:- Reservation in promotion to Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBDs) – clarification thereon – reg.
I am directed to refer to this Directorate letter of even number dated 03rd June, 2022 vide which DoP&T OM No. 36012/1/2020-Estt.(Res.-II) dated 17.05.2022 on the subject “Reservation in promotion to Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBDs)” was circulated to all the concerned.
2. As the DoP&T ibid OM dated 17.05.2022 had no specific mention of date of implementation of reservation in promotion, the matter was referred to DoP&T vide this Department ID Note No. SC-12/9/2022-SCT-DoP dated 19.07.2022.
3. DoPT furnished the clarification vide their ID Note No. 36035/4/2021-Estt.(Res.) dated 01.08.2022 inter-alia stating that “No retrospective date for implementation has been mentioned in the OM. Hence it is effective from the date it has been issued.” DoP&T further clarified that in different services, vacancy year starts from different dates and Department of Posts may take a decision in this regard keeping in view the clarification furnished above.
4, In Department of Posts, vacancy year is observed from 1st January to 31st December. Calculation of vacancies for all cadres is completed on 1st January and is further divided into different quota like Direct Recruitment (DR) and promotion including Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE). Vacancy for DR quota must have been informed to different agencies by now and LDCE for Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant/ Postman/ Mailguard/ MTS has already been conducted.
5. Therefore, in view of the clarification received from DoP&T and with the approval of the Secretary (Posts), it has been decided that the prospective vacancy year for implementation of the ibid DoPT OM dated 17.05.2022 would be the year 2023, i.e. reservation in promotion for PwBDs in accordance with DoP&T ibid OM dated 17.05.2022 will be implemented prospectively from the vacancy year 2023 starting w.e.f. 1st January, 2023.
Assistant Director General (PE-I & SCT)