Now Order Online Food by Whatsapp: Indian Railways starts new service
Ministry of Railways
Now Order Online Food by Whatsapp: Indian Railways starts new service of Online Food
06 FEB 2023
- Indian Railways’ PSU, IRCTC starts WhatsApp communication for the railway passengers to order food through e-catering services.
- WhatsApp number +91-8750001323 to become an interactive two way communication platform for the customer.
- AI power chatbot to handle all queries of e-catering services for the passengers and also book meals for them.
- WhatsApp communication for e-catering services implemented on selected trains and passengers.
- Based on customer feedback and suggestions, the company will enable the same on other trains.
Indian Railways’ PSU, Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd. (IRCTC) started e-catering services through a specially developed website www.catering.irctc.co.in as well its e-catering app Food on Track.
In a step further towards the making its e-catering services more customer-centric, Indian Railways has recently started WhatsApp communication for the railway passengers to order food through e-catering services. Business WhatsApp number +91-8750001323 has been started for the purpose.
Initially, two stages implementation of e-catering services was planned through WhatsApp Communication. In the first phase, Business WhatsApp number will be sending a message to the customer booking e-ticket for opting for e-catering services through clicking the link www.ecatering.irctc.co.in.
With this option, the customers will be able to book meals of their choice from the restaurants of their choice available at stations enroute directly through the e-catering website of IRCTC without even requiring to download the App.
In the next phase of the services, WhatsApp number will be enabled to become an interactive two way communication platform for the customer wherein an AI power chatbot will handle all queries of e-catering services for the passengers and will also book meals for them.
To begin with, WhatsApp communication has been implemented for e-catering services on selected trains and passengers and based on customer feedback and suggestions, Railways will enable the same on other trains too.
Today, approximately 50000 meals are being served in a day to the customers through IRCTC’s e-catering services enabled through its website as well as app.