Rules for CAPF AC Examination 2023
MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS NOTIFICATION
New Delhi, the 26th April, 2023
No. I-45023/05/2023-PP.-The Rules for a competitive examination to be held by the Union Public Service Commission in 2023 for the purpose of filling vacancies of Assistant Commandants in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) viz. Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) are published for general information.
1. The number of vacancies to be filled through the examination will be specified in the Notice issued by the Commission. Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and the Economically Weaker Sections. 10% of the total vacancies will be reserved for Ex- Serviceman candidates. An Ex-serviceman candidate of UR/SC/ST/OBC/EWSs category will be counted against the vacancies of the respective category.
NOTE : In case the vacancy(ies) reserved for Ex-servicemen remain unfilled due to non-availability of eligible or qualified candidates, the same shall be filled by candidates from non-ex-servicemen category.
2. The examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission in the manner prescribed in Appendix-I to these rules.
The dates on which and the places at which the examination will be held shall be fixed by the Commission.
3. No person who is not a citizen of India shall, except with the consent of the Central Government signified in writing, be appointed or employed under these Rules.
Provided that nothing contained in these rules shall debar the appointment, enrolment or employment of a subject of Nepal or Bhutan under these rules.
4. Both Male and Female candidates will be eligible for this examination.
5(a) A candidate must have attained the age of 20 years and should not exceed the age of 25 years on 1st August, 2023 i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1998 and not later than 1st August, 2003.
(b) The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable-
- (i) Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe;
- (ii) Upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates;
- (iii) Upto a maximum of five years for Civilian Central Government Servants in accordance with the existing instructions of the Central Government. Ex-servicemen will also be eligible for this relaxation. However the total relaxation claimed on account of Government Service will be limited to five years.
Read More: Click here to View /Download the order pdf
Get Free Email Updates