Defence – OROP to the Defence Forces Pensioners
No. I (1)/2019/D(Pen/Pol)/Vol-II
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
New Delhi, Dated 28th April, 2023
The Chief of the Defence Staff
The Chief of the Army Staff
The Chief of the Naval Staff
The Chief of the Air Staff
Subject: One Rank One Pension to the Defence Forces Pensioners.
I am directed to refer to this Ministry’s letter No. 1(1)/2019/D(Pen/Pol)Vol-ll dated 20.01.2023 on the above subject. Para 6 of the said letter is reproduced as under:
“Arrears on account of revision of pension from 01.07.2019 till date of its implementation shall be paid by the Pension Disbursing Agencies in four half yearly installments. However, all the family pensioners including those in receipt of Special/Liberalized family pension and all Gallantry award winners shall be paid arrears in one installment.”
- In pursuance of the Hon’ble Supreme Court order dated 20.03.2023 in MA No. 219/2023 in WP(C) No. 419/2016 filed by Indian Ex-Servicemen Movement vs Union of India, the Para 6 of the above mentioned MoD letter dated 20.01.2023 stands amended as follows:-
- “Arrears on account of revision of pension from 01.07.2019 till date of its implementation shall be paid by the Pension Disbursing Agencies as under:
- a) The payment of OROP dues to family pensioners including those in receipt of special/liberalized family pension and Gallantry Award winners shall be made in one instalment on or before 30.04.2023;
b) The payment of arrears arising out of revision of pensions under OROP due to pensioners who are of the age of 70 years or above as on 01.01.2023 shall be made on or before 30.06.2023.
c) The outstanding arrears arising out of revision of pensions under OROP payable to the remaining pensioners shall be paid in equal instalments on or before 31.08.2023, 30.11.2023 and 28.02.2024.
- All other terms and conditions which are not affected by this order shall remain unchanged.
- This issues with concurrence of Finance Division of this Ministry vide their ID Note
(B L Meena)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India