The Objective of the PRC Workshop is to Prepare the Retiring Officials for their Post-Retirement Life – Address of V.Srinivas, IAS Secretary, DoPPW at Pre Retirement Counseling Workshop work Shop held on 23.10.2023
Retirement Counseling Workshop work Shop held on 23.10.2023
Government of India
Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare
dt: 23 October 2023
Address of V.Srinivas, IAS Secretary Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare at the Pre-Retirement Counseling Workshop and Pension Adalat, at Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi
Respected Dr. Jitendra Singh ji, Hon’ble Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions,
Shri Sanjiv Mathur ji, Additional Secretary Pensions
Shri Atul Kumar Goyal ji, Managing Director & CEO Punjab National Bank, Shri Debdatta Chand ji, Managing Director & CEO Bank of Baroda, Smt. Shankari Murali ji, Additional CGA,
Shri Ruchir Mittal and Dr. Pramod Kumar, Directors of DOPPW, Anubhav Awards Winners, Distinguished Colleagues,
Objective of the PRC Workshop
- I extend a warm and hearty welcome to Hon’ble MOS PP, the Managing Directors of PNB and BOB, the Additional CGA, the Anubhav Award Winners and each of the retiring officials to the 51st Pre-Retirement Counselling Workshop along with the 9th Pension Adalat today at Vigyan Bhavan. Under the leadership of Hon’ble MOS PP Dr. Jitendra Singh ji the Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare has strived relentlessly to “Improving Pensioners Welfare”. My congratulations to Shri Sanjiv Mathur Additional Secretary DPPW, Shri Ruchir Mittal, and Dr. Pramod Kumar Directors of DPPW and the team of dedicated officers who have strived tirelessly to curate today’s event.
- The objective of the PRC workshop is to prepare the Retiring Officials for their post-retirement life, to enable a deeper understanding of the procedures and interaction with Government after retirement. Retirement envisages a transition from nearly 3 – 3 ½ decades in Government, and an official needs to be oriented adequately to ensure an orderly transition.
- The first step is to complete the formalities necessary for timely payment of retirement benefits. The session on Filling up Pension Forms on Bhavishya is a guiding session on the subject. To monitor timely disbursement, the CGA had launched the “Dirghayu” App.
- The second step to understand the Integrated Pensioners Portal. The Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare in collaboration with Pension Disbursing Banks has operationalized the Integrated Pensioners Portal which provides a range of services to Pensioners. Today, the BOB and PNB are integrating their Pensioner Portal with Bhavishya.
- The third step is to submit an Anubhav Write up. Its important for every Retiring official to document his contribution to governance and I would urge each one of you to submit a write up of your decades of experience on the Anubhav Portal. The best write-ups are conferred Anubhav Awards. Today, Anubhav Awards will be conferred to 13 Award winners from 1950 submissions. The Department made vigorous efforts to reach-out to every officer who was retiring to submit an Anubhav experience. The Award categories were further streamlined to provide opportunities to every level of officer to compete for an award. We conduct several outreach meetings to maximize participation. For wider dissemination the “Anubhav Awardees Speak” Webinar series has been launched and 8 webinars have been held till date.
- The fourth step is to understand the hospitals and CGHS benefits. CGHS plays a vital part in quality health care for pensioners with coverage from orthopedics to neurology, general medicine to surgery. Hospitals have dedicated wards and treatment facilities for pensioners. The CGHS has undertaken a number of systemic reforms in their packages to ensure improved health care for pensioners.
- The fifth step is to understand the Income Tax law for Pensioners and Senior Citizens. As also its important to understand the financing instruments available for pensioners. The PRC has 2 sessions on Investment modes and Income Tax Related Issues.
- Every Pensioner has to submit an annual certificate of existence. This is simplified by the Digital Life Certificate and the Face Authentication App. 30 Lacs Pensioners availed the DLC in 2022, and in 2023 it is expected that the number will rise to 50 lac. The Department of Pension is conducting the DLC Campaign 2.0 from November 1-30, 2023.
- Pensioner Grievances are filed on CPENGRAMS portal and addressed on a timely basis. Grievances are categorized, and nodal and appellate authorities are well defined. The timeline for redressal of grievances on CPENGRAMS is 30 days. Grievances of long-standing nature are taken up in the Pension Adalat. The Pension Adalat provides an interface between the pensioner and the government.
- Pensioner Welfare Associations are operational in all major cities and State Capitals and helpful in exchanging information on the challenges faced by Pensioners. For those officials who wish to join a Pensioner Welfare Association, the detailed list is available on DPPW portal.
- To conclude, I am grateful to the leadership and guidance of Dr. Jitendra Singh ji for encouraging a live and empathetic model of governance in Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare in line with the mandate given to the Department in our Chintan Shivir deliberations by the Hon’ble Prime Minister. I sincerely hope that this PRC Workshop will prepare each one of you for Retirement.
- Wishing each one of you a happy, healthy and peaceful retirement where pension benefits are sanctioned on time, digital portals provide ease of living post retirement and continued engagement with government is seamless and simple.
Get Free Email Updates