MACP order was issued on 19-5-2009 and MACP scheme is implemented from 1.9.2008.The scheme would be operational w.e.f. 01.09.2008. ln other words, financial upgradations as per the provisions of the earlier ACP Scheme (of August, 1999) would be granted till 31.08.2008.
Since then many doubts were raised by various establishment on implementing the MACP scheme and required clarifications were issued by DOP&T every now and then .Now it has been decided by national anomaly committee to constitute a joint committee to examine the anomalies pertaining to the MODIFIED ASSURED CAREER PROGRESSION SCHEME(MACPS).
The Order is Reproduced below.
Constitution of a Joint Committee to examine the Anomalies
pertaining to the Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme.
The undersigned is directed to refer the discussions during the second meeting of the National Anomaly Committee held on 27* March 2010 and to state that it has been decided to constitute a Joint Committee to examine the anomalies pertaining to the Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS). The Composition of the Joint Committee will be as under:
|No||Official Side||Staff Side|
|1||Joint Secretary (Estt), DoP&T- Chairman.||Shri M. Raghvahiya|
|2||Joint Secretary (Pers), Deptt. Of Expenditure||Shri S.K. Vyas|
|3||Director (E-I), DoPT.||Shri C. Srikumar|
|4||Director1 DS(JCA), DoPT – Member Secy.||Shri Umraomal Purohit|
2. The Joint Committee shall examine all the anomalies pertaining to MACPS
forwarded by the Secretary, Staff Side and submit its report to the Chairman of the National Anomaly Committee.
Click to Read : 7th CPC recommendation for Pay Fixation on Promotion / MACP
40 thoughts on “A Joint Committee to Examine the Anomalies of MACPs”
The issues of clerical cadre staff regarding pay and MACP issue was just ignored by last two commission. I hope at least this time our problems are sorted out and our pay is increased considering our anomaly points raised since last 5th and 6th pay commission . MACP is granted to the next promotion pay. You are requested to enhance the pay of LDC,UDC,Office Supdt and CGO and also grant of MACP to next promoted post
Amendment Typing mistake re grated please
For 1st JAN 2008 READ 1ST SEPTEMBER 2008. S.K.CHANDA Says
Sir, I have retired from service w.e.f 31st October 2008 from G.E.SHILLONG (MILITARY ENGINEERS SERVICES)as AGE E/M .
While I was in service my name was forwarded to higher authority for granting of MACP after completion of 30 years of service.
Sir, as per my knowledge I should get M.A.C.P w.e.f 1st JAN 2008, would you kindly let me know whether I will get this MACP before my death.
With best Regards, S.K.CHANDA
Flat No 9/5 H.I.G -C-ii,Phase II< Thakurpukur ,Housing Estate
Respected Chairman, Member-Secretary and Members of the Anomaly Committee,
Kindly discuss the matter of upgradation of LDCs grade pay in central govt. offices. The 6 CPC has not discussed our matter seriously. Please discuss this matter and help the poor LDCs to remain alive in departments. When Govt. are trying to satisfy the up-liftments of other categories without any functional disturbances, why LDCs/UDCs are deprived from such upgradations. I could recollect news which came in one of the leading news paper that the finance commission has agreed higher scales for LDCs/UDCs but the finance ministry has turned down the proposal stating that it entails huge financial implications to the Government exchequer. From the foregoing now I have a doubt in my mind that the Government has not recognized us Indian citizens for whom equality and Directive principles of the state policy is not applicable. Dear Secretary of Anamoly committee, we the LDC’s have deprived in 6 CPC as well as in MACP. In central govt. offices LDC’s are functioning in main role, so I request you to boost up the morale of LDC to change their grade pay. I hope you will discuss and raise the matter seriously in positive view, so that we(LDC / UDC) reamain hope on you. Kindly change the grade pay at least Rs. 2400 from Rs. 1900 and Rs. 2800 from Rs. 2400 respectively.
I would be very grateful to all of you.
yours poor employee
L.D.C’s is the key role in Govt. of Indian civil service.So, why LDC’s grade pay Rs.1900/- only and their MACPS grade pay Rs. 2000/-. It is a great joke. Kindly change the Grade Pay of LDC to Rs. 2400 from Rs. 1900. I request you to look into the matter sympathetically to boost up the LDC’s morale and motivate them to responsible work in dirrerent offices. Please do the needful.
LDC Grade pay is really like a joke.In my office even Helpers are getting more grade pay than me.Their educational qualification is only 8th standard and they don’t ve much work load like ministrial staff.Educational qualification of LDC increased recently.As per 6 PC recommendations 1st ACP Grade pay of LDC is 2000, IInd ACP 2200 than IIIrd ACP is only 2400.really strange if union leaders can’t able to do anything than why they are leading the union they should resign now.
Kindly tell us that revision of pay scale of LDC/UDC in Defence Establishments are done/pending or not. You are my last hope….
I have joined as CO group B post (executive cadre)in pay scale of Rs.6500-200-10500 (pre revised). I am in GP 4600/-in PB-2 as per 6th CPC and will be placed in GP 4800/-,5400/- & 5400/- RESPECTIVELY AFTER I,II & III MACPs,whereas my cllegues who have completed 12 years as on 01.01.2008 will be getting GP 5400/-,6600/-& 7600/- respectively. please let me know is this not violation of rule “same pay for same work “.thanking you.
Sir, I am UDC. I was appointed as LDC on 07.7.95. I got 1st ACP on completion of 12 years on 07.7.07 in the scale of pay of Rs.4000-6000. Later I took Re-appointment as UDC in same Deptt on 17.5.08.My pay was protected on Re-appointment since I was drawing more than the initial pay. I will be completing my 20 years regular service without any break on 07.7.2015. Please let me know I am entitled for 2nd MACPS with GP Rs.2800/- or not. An early clarification is requested. NK Kaushik, Record Office GREF, PUNE-411015
I joined service as Steno Gr. III in 1997 in the scale of Rs.4000-6000 and recently, I have been given 10 years MACP w.e.f. 1.9.2008 at PB2 + GP 2800. Under ACP, my predecessors had got Rs.5500-8000( pre- revised)/Rs.9300-34000+GP200(revised). Though under MACP I got GP 2800 after 10 years, there is no scope of promotion after completion of 12 years of my service to get GP of 4200. The Govt. is neither giving promotion nor equal Grade Pay after 12 years of service to same category employees having same responsibility. Is this not an anomally?
This is the great jokes to the LDC staff who are working in central Govt pay scale, i.e,. who are taking the grade pay Rs 1900 and after spending the 10 years they will be places at the Rs, 2000 grade pay where as the Group D staff are getiing more benefit than the LDC. The morality shoul be equal tratment to all the staff, but it is not there. However, it is requested to the govt or authority to think this matter seriously otherwise in future there will lot of problem to find out the solution.
With best regards,
MACP order has been issued on 19-5-2009,In which it has been clarified through point No-11,that ‘it is clarified that no past cases would be re-opened. Further, while implementing the MACP Scheme, the differences in pay scales on account of grant of financial upgradation under the old ACP Scheme (of August 1999) and under the MACP Scheme within the same cadre shall not be construed as an anomaly.’
Iam a employee of Central Govt called EPFO, and working as Stenographer in the pay scale of (old)4000-100-6000 in our departmnet & Central Secreate the old pay scale of Steno cadre are 4000-100-6000 next 6500-10500 & next 8000- and in old ACP (12,24 Yrs) scheme, in our cadre all stenos get next pay scale that is 6500-10500 i.e. new grade pay4600/- but in MACP we get 2800/-as grade pay means scale of 4500-125-5000. when the responsibilties of Stenographer is very much and we are working asPA/PS but in New ACP gov. not considering their responsibility. You are therefore requested to take up the matter of enhancing the grade pay of Steno to the level of 4200 and provide MACP in gr.pay 4600respectively.
I joined as LDC on 10.09.1984. I got 1st promotion on 03.03.1998. i.e. 13 years 5 months. Immediately, 10.09.2008 I got 2nd financial up gradation in the revised scale of Rs.9300-34800+4200 grade pay before implementation of MACP order, Keeping in view of cadre post of Head Clerk. But, after implementation of MACP on 01.09.2009 my Grade pay was revised to Rs. 2800/-
Please clarify whether I got grade pay Rs. 2800/- as per MACP is correct or Rs.4200/- as per departmental cadre post is correct.
i joined as LDC on Aug 1996. i was granted MACP . Should i granted ACP as i complete 12 years on Aug 2008
Sir,there is lot of anamoly in the grade pay of LDC and their MACP as compared to V CPC and present 6th CPC, kindly make an sincere attempt to upgrade the grade pays of LDC and thier MACP tree. As such even in 5th CPC the scale of LDC when compared to other cadres, correspondingly the hike was very less. If any representation is required, kindly advise so that that can be done, but kindly sought the matter and give your valuable suggestion.
Continue to my old message
Peon/Safwaiwala/Chow/Duftry/Record Keepr- Gde pay is 1800/-
Ist ACP – 1900
IInd ACP – 2000
IIIrd ACP – 2400
LDC – 1900
LDC – 2000 (Ist ACP)
LDC (IInd ACP – 2400)
LDC(Old ACP) – 2400
LDC Old IInd ACP) – 4200
UDC (regular promotee) – 2400
UDC (IInd ACP – Old Scheme)- 4200
UDC (IIIrd ACP – Old Scheme)- 4600
UDC (IInd ACP – New Scheme) – 2800
UDC (IIIrd ACP – New Scheme) – 4200
Kindly clarify with their resonsibilities and difference of pay in same work.
Ashok Kumar Tank
LDC and UDC are kept in the same pay band in which safaiwalas,peons, Mazdoors, chowkidars (Class IV EMPLOYEES). This is not fair justice with them. Their grade pay needs to be revised keeping in view the duties performed by them. Further, UDCs in MES who were granted 2nd ACP before 1.8.2008 in pre-revised scale have been granted Grade pay of Rs. 4200/-. and under MACP AFTER 1.8.2009 Rs. 2800/- on grant of 2nd ACP. This is big anomly. Same post two different grade pays. This needs to be rectified and Rs. 4200/- grade pay to be given to all UDCs on 2nd ACP. In our MES class-IV and Industrial woekrs of MES are better than clerical staff, as they are not having any transferable job. Their resonsibilities are also limited compare to other categories, as clerk os MES is having knowledge of all sections relating to pay/audit/ contract/supply/ budget/vigilance/ recruitment/pers matters. It is also submitted that there are limited promotions and there is no cadre review since last 30 years.
ashok kumar Tank
lf a regular promotion has been offered but was refused by the employee before
becoming entitled to a financial upgradation, no financial upgradation shall be allowed
as such an employee has not been stagnated due to lack of opportunities. If, however,
financial upgradation has been allowed due to stagnation and the employees
subsequently refuse the promotion, it shall not be a ground to withdraw the financial
upgradation. He shall, however, not be eligible to be considered for further financial
upgradation till he agrees to be considered for promotion again and the second the next
financial upgradation shall also be deferred to the extent of period of debarment due to the refusal.
Iam a Central Govt. employee and working from last 11years, Iam having question to get clarifications as Iam right now working as Jr. Clerk and now I am getting an promotion as Senior Clerk but due to some personal problems Iam not able to accept the same as it is at north India. My question is whether I would get MACP as i have completed 10 years.
Sub : Denial benefit of MACPS
1. Initial appointed as Tech-III in Mar-92.
2. First promotion after passing LDCE 25% as JE-II in Sept-98.
3. GP-4200 fixed from 01-09-98.
4. After completion of 10 years in same GP on 01-09-2008 due for my 1st MACPS benefit.
5. But in continuation of my regular service, my without break 78weeks promotional training period not counted for MACPS ( It is not a initial pre appointment training ).
6. Hence, 1st MACP offered after completion of my promotional training period i.e. from April-2000 – instead of Sept-2008.
However this is purely financial up gradation scheme & it is related with GP only
and it is clearly mentioned in MACPS RBE letter No.101/2009 dt.10.6.2009 Annx.I
Para-I, that, “Financial up gradation under the scheme will be admissible
whenever a person has spent 10 years continuously in Same Grade Pay”
Therefore requested for granting 1st financial up gradation w.e.f. Sept-2008.
VIVEK A.PAGEDAR ( JE / EL / TRD / BRC – W.Rly. )
54th National Awardy – Mob.09227133493
old pay grade of station masters was 4000-6000, 5000-8000, 5500-9000, 6500-10500 and 7450-11500. From these grades we could well- recognise the status of a station master. Now the pay scale is the same of this category i.e. 9300-34800. It is the only grade-pay which could distingish the status of a station master, which should be as follows i.e. ASM: 9300-34800-4200, SM: 9300-34800-4600, SS: 9300-34800-4800 and Supervisory SS: 9300-34800-5400. There is a great uneasiness, protest and resentment among the senior station masters who have been refused GP of RS. 4800/- whereas not to talk of SS’s and SM’s even the for-for junior ASM’s in FZR Divn have been granted GP of Rs. 4800/-. The supervisory SS’s are woking in scale 9300-34800-4600, ironically their Deputy SS’s are working in scale 9300-34800-4800. Everything is possible here because of ‘MERA BHARAT MAHAN’.
I am working in NWDA as a JE completing 24 year on March 09. I got one ACP in Aug 99 my pay increase to 6500 from 4500. Now as per Macp i will be get 2nd Macp from 1.9.09 and my GP increase from 4200 to 4600. Ultimately on 3rd MAcp i get 4800. While some JE;s who completed his 24 year just 6 month before will get ACP (before 1.9.09 will get 5400. and 3rd MACP 6600 big difference
LDC and UDC are kept in the same pay band in which safaiwalas,peons, Mazdoors, chowkidars (Class IV EMPLOYEES). This is not fair justice with them. Their grade pay needs to be revised keeping in view the duties performed by them. Further, UDCs in MES who were granted 2nd ACP before 1.8.2008 in pre-revised scale have been granted Grade pay of Rs. 4200/-. and under MACP AFTER 1.8.2009 Rs. 2800/- on grant of 2nd ACP. This is big anomly. Same post two different grade pays. This needs to be rectified and Rs. 4200/- grade pay to be given to all UDCs on 2nd ACP
Please consdier the case of LDC to UDC for departmental promtion after 15 years eventhough he clear departmental exam. To much fursecation in existing LDC being a low paid employee.
According to the MACP guidelines a Group D employee, Presently getting grade pay Rs.1800/-,will be placed in grade pay of Rs.2000/-after 20 years under MACP Scheme
Kindly intimate the grade pay in which a Group “D” employee presently getting grade pay of Rs.1800/-, would be placed on getting financial upgradation under MACP scheme on completion of 20 years of service.
The grade pay of laboratory attendents in some departments are Rs.1800/-, which is lower considering their specific works in the laboratory. you are therefore take up the matter with the appropriate authority for upgradation of grade pay to the level of Rs.1900/-
I am working as an Assistant Executive Engineer, in CWC ( a group ‘A’ service ) I have got my promotion on 20-03-2006 and I have completed 32 years service and my grade pay is Rs.5400/ (PB-3). Incidentally a Junior Engineer (Group-C) who has completed 30 years service, after getting MACP his grade pay is fixed as RS.6600/. As per the MACP circular the organised sector Group ‘A’ officers are not entitled MACP. For direct recruitee AEE after 32 years service may become Chief Engineer/Member/ etc. so the question of MACP may not arise. Due to a DPC promotee and the promotion to the Group ‘A’ post denied my grade pay Rs.6600/. It is requested that this anomaly may be sorted as all DPC promotted Group ‘A’ officers may be given MACP please.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
New Delhi, the 1st July, 2010
Subject:- Non-Functional upgradation for Officers of Organized Group ‘A’ Services in PB-3 and PB4
A reference is invited to this Department OM of even No. dated 24.04.09 on the above subject. The details of batch of the officers belonging to the Indian Administrative Service who have been posted at the Centre in the various grades of PB-3 and PB-4 w.e.f. 01.01.2006 was circulated in this Department OM of even No. dated 21.05.2009.
2. The matter has further been considered in this Department. As there is a slight change in the date of posting of first officer of IAS cadre in the Center after 01.01.2006 in the grades of Additional /Joint Secretary, a revised list in supersession of the list issued in OM dated 21.05.2009, giving the batch of the IAS officers who have been posted in the Centre in the various grades as well as the date of posting of the first officer belonging to the batch is annexed. Necessary action may be taken for grant of higher scale for the Officers belonging to batches of Organized Group A Services that are senior by two year or more and have not so far been promoted to that particular grade in accordance with the provisions of this Department OM of even number dated 24.4.2009.
3. Hindi version will follow.
(Dinesh Kapila) Director(JCA)
WHY WE C.H.S. (MEDICAL OFFICERS) HAVE NOT CONSIDERED FOR PB-3 TO PB-4 AFTER COMPLETION OF 16 YEARS OF REGULAR JOB.WHY DUE PROMOTIONS NOT GIVEN EXACTLY ON COMPLETION OF TENURE.WHY ALWAYS WE BEING COMPELLED TO GO TO COURT.
DR BIJAN KUMAR DEY
MOB : 09999882644
As per revised pay , grade pay of LDC is Rs. 1900 and grade pay of UDC is Rs. 2400/- which seems to be illogical consedering responsibility and grade pay of Lower post (Group C- Rs. 1800/-) and higher post(Assistant group B- 4200)- . The sixth CPc has enhanced the grade pay of erstwhile group D to the level of Rs. 1800/- and grade pay of Assistant to Rs.4200/( corresponding to 6500-10500/-) from 5000 to 8000. But failed to enhance the grade pay of LDC and UDC considering their responsibility. You are therefore requested to take up the matter of enhancing the grade pay of LDC and UDC to the level of 2400 and 4000 respectively.
I am working in the Railways as stationmaster and completted 33 years of service. I am denied of the 4800 grade pay on the pretext that i was elevatted to the post of assistant stationmaster from the category of signaller. The MACP guidelines clearly states the service counted in the post alone should be counted for the MACP promotion and Rly personal branch take their own conclusion and deny me the due MACP whereas i completted 32 years of this stationmaster cadre service. Is it correct. I request the staff side people of the MACP anomoky committee to take this matter. There are several lakhs employees of the several central Govt organisation are affected by this wrong notion at their fag end of service whereas their junier counterparts who completted just 23 years of service get more grade pay.
With DoPT’s order of 12.04.2010, many of the senior PAs in the Central Government who are through promotion from Grade-III Stenos and whose date of joining is either 1990 or prior to 1990, have become juniors to the direct recruit PAs, who joined in 1990 or after. The only way to remedy this problem is that the Anomaly Commitee considers the entry grade pay of SOs and PSs as 5400 in PB 3 OR considers removing the GP 5400 from PB 2 (in particular because GP 5400 in PB 2 and GP 5400 in PB 3 are considered as two different Grade Pays)OR the 3rd financial upgradation is given in the promotional Grade Pay. This way at least those who have completed 30 years of continuous service in the entry grade can get their 3rd financial upgradation in the next promotional GP of 6600 like direct recruit Assistants and PAs as per DoPT’s order above otherwise it is very embarrassing that juniors are jumping over the seniors.
The suggestion of the staff side to the Joint Anomaly Committee that as an alternative, the first two financial upgradations may be considered in the promotional Grade Pay and the third financial upgradation can be given in the hierarchy of Grade Pays under MACP will not address the issue in the right perspective i.e. the juniors i.e. the direct recurit Assistants and PAs under the above order of DoPT will continue to be seniors with grant of GP of 6600 in their 3rd financial upgradation unlike those Assistants and PAs who have come through promotion from Grade-III Stenos and have put more than 30 years of continuous service as they are granted GP 5400 in PB 3 as their 3rd financial upgradation.
All the 4 payscales under Gr.D category have been merged as on 1.1.2006 under a single gradepay of Rs.1800.Earlier promotions earned/ACP granted will be ignored after implementation of MACP scheme i.e. wef 1.9.2008 only.Between 1.1.2006 to 31.08.2008, all the Gr.D employees will find themselves on the same bench. This is great financial loss to those poor,lowpaid,Gr.D seniors who have completed 12/24 years of service as on 1.1.2006.This big anomaly may please be removed by allowing their 1st/2nd ACP benifits right from the date of merger i.e.frm 1.1.2006 only.
I honor for comment from Sri S. Banarjee and Deb Nath Saha. It is humble request to you to boost up the LDC to change their grade pay and will discussed the matter seriously in positive view. I additionally enclose some point in this regard.
1. When 6th CPC recommendation about ‘D’ category has ceased & new appointment in entry grade will be in PB-1 Pay Scale 5200-20200, GP 2000 then according to old employee holding ‘D’ catogory these posts will be up grated in ‘C’ category in PB-1 Pay Scale 5200-20200 either he qualified or by after giving him training to up skilled them. Then why this type of hatred policy have taken to divide that entry level grade in same Pay Scale in three GP i.e. 1800, 1900 and 2000. An example when in PB-2 entry grade has merged in three Pay scale i.e. 5000-8000, 5500-9000 & 6500-10500 in one one Pay Scale of 9300-34800 in GP 4200.
2. If any employee entry service grade is Group ‘D’ and he apply for selection post for skilled post ‘C’ Grade, after qualified the exam within one year then how he will treated either his entry service grade 1800 or 1900.
3. I have entered in Railway service in 1978 as Group ‘D’ in 1979 I qualified the examination and awarded in post Group ‘C’ Tech. gr-III, in 1982 I have promoted as Tech. gr-II and finally I have promoted in Tech. gr-I in 1984 March. All this have done in 6 years and from then til the date last 26 years I could not have any promotion or ACP. I request you kindly guide me that either I entitled any financial up gradation or not, if not here will be some amendment because any how I have got promotion beginning of service early in three steps but after that entire service I have to retire with the same GP.
Ashok Kumar Saha
L.D.C’s is the key role in Govt. of Indian civil service.So, why LDC’s grade pay Rs.1900/- only and their MACPS grade pay Rs. 2000/-. It is a great jokes. They have not motivated their work because Group ‘D’ grade pay Rs. 1800 or Rs. 1900. So, I request you to look into the matter is sympathetic point of view to boost up the LDC’s grate pay and motivated them to responsible work in dirrerent offices.
While considering the anomalies arising out of the implementation of MACP Scheme, it may please be ensured that seniors in a cadre are getting the same grade pay as drawn by the Juniors. In our department, seniors in a particular cadre are getting grade pay of Rs.4800 whereas so many juniors are getting grade pay of Rs.5400 by virtue of implementation of MACP Scheme. Whatever the reasons (except as a penalty) for not grating the higher grade pay to seniors under MACP Scheme is injustice.
Respected Chairman, Member-Secretary and Members of the Anomaly Committee,
Kindly discuss the matter of upgradation of LDCs grade pay in central govt. offices. The 6 CPC has not discussed our matter and they had only concentrated on Officer and Group-D staff. Please discuss this matter and help the poor LDCs to remain alive in departments. When Govt. are trying to satisfy the up-liftments of other categories without any functional disturbances, why LDCs/UDC is deprived from such upgradations. I could recollect news which came in one of the leading news paper that the finance commission has agreed higher scales for LDCs/UDCs but the finance ministry has turned down the proposal stating that it entails huge financial implications to the Government exchequer. From the foregoing now I have a doubt in my mind that the Government has not recognized us Indian citizens for whom equality and Directive principles of the state policy is not applicable. Dear Secretary of Anamoly committee, we the LDC’s have deprived in 6 CPC as well as in MACP. In central govt. offices LDC’s are functioning in main role, so I request you to boost up the LDC to change their grade pay. I hope you will discussed the matter seriously in positive view, so that we(LDC / UDC) reamain hope on you.
MCAP should be similar to ACP i.e. financial upgradation to next promotion post without assigning the status, as it was availabe in ACP
Reference:- Benefit of only 02 promotion in 30 years is given in 03 Modified Assured Career Progression (MACP), thereby withdrawing the benefit of earlier two promotions in 24 years as was available in earlier ACP Scheme of last 5th Pay Commission (DOPT OM No.35034/3/2008-Estt. (D) dated 19th May, 2009 -www.persmin.nic.in.
You are requested to consider following points :-
1. Why Higher Level (Class 1) Officers are given 5-6 promotions without passing further exams for promotion ? i.e. Under Secretary –>1. Deputy Secretary –>2. Director –>3. Joint Secretary –>4. Additional Secretary –>5. Secretary –>6. Cabinet Secretary; etc.
2. Why Lower Level Officials (other than Class-1 Officers) are restricted to only 01 or 02 promotions without passing further exams for promotion ?
3. What is the Government planning/doing for reducing Strikes/Agitation, corruption and Court Cases etc. at Lower Levels (other than Class 1 Officers)?
4. What is the Government planning/doing to reduce Mess at lower levels (other than Class 1 Officers) and doing efforts for smooth sailing for promotions etc. as available at higher levels (Class-1 Officers)?
5. Why generally LDC has to pass UDC exams and prove oneself to get maximum 03 promotions ? LDC-1. UDC (after Exam) -2. Assistant & -3. S.O. (Promotion)
6. Why mostly Assistants have to pass S.O. exams and show skill to get max. 03 promotion ?Assistants – 1. S.O.(after Exam) 2.Under Secretary 3. Deputy Secretary (promotion)
7. Why LDC has to pass UDC and S.O. exams and then entitled for max. 04 promotions ? LDC-1.UDC (Exam)-2, Assistant (promotion)-3. S.O.(Exam)-4. U.S (Promotion)
8. Why exams at only lower levels for promotion, when most of them are Graduates except Peons ?
9. Why not exams for promotion at higher level (Class 1) Officers, when most of the competence, skill, knowledge, responsibility etc. is required at higher levels for policy making, framing rules & regulations, FR & SR, new projects, Court Cases, foreign tours, planning etc. ?
10. Who makes Promotion/Recruitment Rules, Pay Structure etc. for Lower Levels officials (other than Class-1 Officers) in Government of India ?
11. Why not at least benefit of 4 Promotions be given to lower levels (other than Class 1 Officers), without passing any further competitive exams for promotion ?
12. What is the Government of India planning/doing for conducting competitive exams even for promotion at higher levels (for promotion of Class 1 Officers) ?
13. What is the Government of India planning/doing for providing equivalent pay/salary for the denied due leaves, when leaves are denied in the interests of the work of the Government, while higher level (Class 1 Officers) generally get not only, due leaves, but also, enjoy foreign Seminars/Tours/Trainings/Workshops etc. along with financial benefits including Foreign Allowance, TA / DA etc.?
14. What is the Government of India planning/doing for fixing of salary from the date of issue of Promotion Order, instead of date of joining, when joining is delayed/deferred, in the interests of the work of the Government, as joining of duty of Lower Level Officers (other than Class 1 Officers) on promotion is delayed/deferred, thereby causing lot of financial losses to them, while Officers at higher levels may generally join duty immediately/same day of Promotion Orders?
15. Who keeps the interests of Lower Level Officers (other than Class 1 Officers) all the time, while framing FR & SR, other rules etc. – Government / Higher Level Officers / Agitation / Strikes / Unions / Welfare Associations / Courts ?
16. What is the Government of India doing for removing in-between Grade Pays between the two Posts for Lower Level Officers (Please see Table given below)
17. How many Vigilance Cases are pending in Departments of Government of India against (i) Higher Level (Class-1 Officers) (ii) Lower Level Officials, (Please give separate figures)?
18. What is the Government planning/doing to provide equal number of promotions to Lower Levels, as is given to Higher Levels (Class-1 Officers) ?
19. What is the Government planning/doing to protect the interests of Lower Level Officers (other than Class-1 Officers), as and when the Rules for Promotion/Recruitments/Pay Scales etc. are amended/framed?
20. Why the Government of India is not interested to give the benefit of Actual Grade Pay of next promotion to lower levels, even after their 10 years of Service ?
21. How much the total amount of Salary paid including Foreign Allowance, TA, DA was given during the last four Financial years separately to (i) Higher Level (Class-1 Officers) (ii) Lower Level (other than Class-1 Officers) of Government of India year-wise ? (Please give figures separately for (i) and (ii)?
22. Why not, Promotion Rules, Recruitment Rules (FR & SR) including modified ACP Rules, etc. may be made and considered in such a manner, which may provide smooth sailing not only at higher levels, but also at lower levels, thereby minimizing mess, agitation, strikes, corruptions, court cases, etc. at lower levels ?
23. How many total court cases are pending of (i) Higher Level (Class-1 Officers) (ii) Lower Level (other than Class-1 Officers) in Departments of Government of India?
24. What is the Government of India planning/doing for upholding the promotions of Class 1 Officers for more than 10 years, so as to bring all the Officials under the Modified Assured Career Progression (MACP) and reduce the overall burden of expenditure on Salaries etc. ?
25. What is the Government of India planning/doing to insert Grade Pays in between two posts also for Higher Ranks (Class 1 Officers), as are applicable for Lower Officials (as can be seen from the table given below)?
Estimated Probable Table (Lower Level Officials)
Grade Pay 1st, 2nd & 3rd MACP in 10, 20 & 30 yrs After 30 years
Grade Pay reached upto the rank of
Next MACP given with
Grade Pay 1800*
1,650 1st ACP-Rs.1800*
3rd ACP-Rs. 2000*. LDC i.e. Rs.2000, which is less than the Grade Pay of UDC i.e. benefit of only one Promotion is given.
Next MACP given with
Grade Pay 2000*
1,900 1st ACP-Rs.2000*
3rd ACP-Rs. 2800* UDC i.e. Rs.2800, which is less than the Grade Pay of Assistants i.e. benefit of only one Promotion is given.
Next MACP given with
Grade Pay 2800*
2,400 1st ACP-Rs.2800*
3rd ACP-Rs.4600* Assistants i.e. Rs.4600, which is less than the Grade Pay of Section Office, i.e. benefit of only one Promotion is given.
Next MACP given with
Grade Pay 4600*
4,200 1st ACP-Rs.4600*
3rd ACP-Rs.5400* Section Officer i.e. Rs.5,400, which is less than the Grade Pay of Under Secretary, i.e. benefit of only one Promotion is given.
4,800 1st ACP-Rs.5400*
3rd ACP-Rs.6600 Under Secretary i.e. Rs.6600, which is less than the Grade Pay of Deputy Secretary, i.e. benefit of only one Promotion is given.
Next MACP given with
Grade Pay 5400* PB2
Next MACP given with
Grade Pay 5400* PB3
Next MACP given with
Grade Pay 7600 6,600 It may please be seen that there is no Grade Pay in between two Posts, from Under Secretary to Deputy Secretary. So after 10 years, Under Secretary will get Grade Pay of Deputy Secretary and avail the benefit of actual promotion, which is not given to lower levels in MACP, as above.
Deputy Secretary 7,600
*Grade Pays in-between two posts/next promotion, which are almost negligible/vanished at higher levels.
Promotion are given in the following manner :
Peon/Daftry — > LDC — > UDC –> Assistant –> Section Officer –> Under Secretary –> Deputy Secretary