Decision of Government relating to grant of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees -Rates effective from 1.7.201
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, the 4th November, 2016
Subject: Recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission — Decision of Government relating to grant of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees — Rates effective from 1.7.2016.
The undersigned is directed to say that consequent upon decision taken by the Government on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission relating to Dearness Allowance, the President is pleased decide that the Dearness Allowance (DA) to all categories of Central Government employees shall be admissible at rate of 2 percent of basic pay per month, w.e.f.01.07.2016.
2. The revised pay structure effective from 01.01.2016 includes the Dearness Allowance of 125% sanctioned from in the pre-revised pay structure. Thus, Dearness Allowance in the revised pay structure shall be zero from 01.01.2016.
3. The term ‘basic pay’ in the revised pay structure means the pay drawn in the prescribed Level in the Pay Matrix but does not include any other type of pay like special pay. etc.
4. The Government vide Resolution No.1-2/2016-IC, dated 25/07/2016 has decided that till a final decision Allowances is taken based on the recommendations of the Committee constituted under the Chairmanship of Finance Secretary & Secretary (Expenditure), all Allowances will continue to be paid at existing rates.
5. The Dearness Allowance will continue be a distinct element of remuneration and will not be treated as pay with in the ambit of FR 9(21).
6. The payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 paise and above may be rounded to the next higher rupee and the fractions of less than 50 paise may be ignored.
7. These orders shall also apply to the civilian employees paid from the Defence Services Estimates and the expenditure will be chargeable to the relevant head of the Defence Services Estimates. In respect of Armed Forces personnel ard Railway employees, separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Railways, respectively.
8. In so far as the employees working in the ‘Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders are issued in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
(Annie George Mathew)
Joint Secretary to the Government of India
Click here to Download the order
Any order on accumulation of earned leave beyond 300days.
Kiran Waljee says
How the pensioner would come to know about the issue of the order for the Payment of DA by the Department of Pension and Pensiners’ Welfare?
Disability pension w.e.f 1.1.2016
n srinivasan says
When will PSU absorbed 100% commuted ‘one third pensioners’ get their DA revision orders?
Dearness Relief orders for pensioners will be issued by the Department of Pension and Pensiners’ Welfare only after the orders issued by the Ministry of Finance for the serving employees. D.A.order for serving employee has been issued only on 4th November 2016. Pensioners can expect orders granting Dearness Relief shortly.
What happened to DR to Pensioners/Senior Citizen ? They are continue to be neglected & orders issued belatedly
what about the DA for those who are taking 6th pay commission salary?
P Chandrasekaran says
Till 05-11-2016 OROP arrears not yet ? paid completely. Three instalments paid and one more instalment has to be paid.. Where as CGE pensioners paid in September 2016 completely.