Eligibility criteria for participation in the All India Civil Services Tournaments : Civilian employees of the Central Government coming under the definition of Central Government Employees (Paid from Consolidated Fund of India and contributing to General Provident Fund and Pensionable Service) are eligible to Participate in the All India Civil Services Tournament.
Eligible Categories of Participants in the Team and Individual Events.
Civilian employees of the Central Government coming under the definition of Central Government Employees (Paid from Consolidated Fund of India and contributing to General Provident Fund and Pensionable Service).
Civilian in the Armed Forces Headquarters
Civilian Personnel working in the Office of the Police Organisation/ Head quarters of I.G. of Police in State subject to the conditions that they are not eligible to participate in the Police Meets.
Regular State Government Employees serving in the State Government Department including Educational Institutions but not from any semi-Government Autonomous bodies/ State Public Undertakings or similar Offices.
Persons employed as Sports Officer/Instructors in Offices/Educational Institutions/Physical Training Institutions.
RSB may include in their team persons belonging to all Central Government Department like Audit, Central Excise & Customs,Railway,Income Tax P & T and Deptt of Telecommunications etc working in their Jurisdiction.
Non Eligible Categories of Participants
Uniformed personnel in Defence Service /Para Military Organisation/Central Police Organisation/ Police/ RPF/ CISF/ BSF/ITBP/NSG etc.
Employees of Autonomous bodies/Undertaking/Public Sector Banks even though administratively controlled by the Central Ministries.
Casual/Daily wages workers.
Employees attached to offices on temporary duty.
A newly recruited employee who has put in less than 6 months in Regular establishment /Service.
In case of AICS Competitions for cultural disciplines(Music & Dance, Short Play etc), Professionals and hired artists/Govt Servants employed as artists, instrumentalists and teachers of cultural disciplines are not eligible to participate.
Deputation: The Status of the Organisation in which the persons is working on deputation or otherwise is to be taken into account for deciding the eligibility.
Identity Card: All participants are to carry individual Identity Cards issued by the concerned authority for verification of eligibility criteria at the venue of AICS Tournaments.
Inclusion of ineligible participants in a team will lead to disqualification of the entire team automatically and no appeal will rest against this decision.
Any appeal/protest on the question of eligibility shall be referred to Organising/Tournament Committee whose decision shall be final.
All teams should wear only one colour depicting the name of the team, and any team exhibiting logo Or name of offices/Team other than given in the entry will be disqualified
Eligibility criteria for participation in the Inter-Ministry Tournaments
- Civilian persons working in Ministries of Central Government including those working in the attached and subordinate Offices located at Delhi/New Delhi will be eligible for participation in the Inter-Ministry Tournaments. For this purpose there will be only one team from each Ministry. The Ministry may include in their team persons working in the attached and subordinate offices located at Delhi/New Delhi put entry will be given to only one team e.g. Ministry of Tourism and Civil Aviation can filed one team in which players from DGCA, DG Tourism etc. can participate.
- Persons working in Corporations, Public Sector Undertaking like FCI, LIC, DTC etc. will not be eligible to participate in the Inter-Ministry Tournaments.
- Persons working in autonomous organisations like UPSC. Election Commission, C&AG’s Office etc. can send an independent team.
- Only those employees who are regular Government employees either permanent or temporary and who have been employed for six months continuously will be eligible. However, those employees who are transferred from other station but are regular employees are eligible to participate irrespective of the time when they joined the office at Delhi/New Delhi. Persons employed on daily wages or on ad-hoc basis or those on temporary duty will not be eligible for participation in the Inter-Ministry Tournaments.
- Uniformed Services/Police/Para Military personnel are not eligible. Ministries/Departments have to keep in view the above said instructions while forwarding the entry of their Ministry in the tournament. In case, at any stage, if it is found that a player included in the team is not eligible, the team could stand automatically disqualified from the tournament.
Source : DoPT