Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has issued order to Discontinue Hospital Patient Care Allowance HPCA/PCA to Ministerial Staff of all Groups working in Central Govt. Health Care Facilities from the date of issue of this OM.
HPCA/PCA to Ministerial Staff to be discontinued- Latest Order
Government of India
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated the 21st April, 2023
Subject: Hospital Patient Care Allowance (HPCA/ Patient Care Allowance (PCA) to Ministerial Staff (Group -A, B, C& D)-reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to resolution no. 11-1l2016-lC dated 6th July, 2017 (relevant e)dract enclosed) of Department of Expenditure (DoE) wherein the recommendations of the 71h Central Pay Commission (7th CPC) were accepted by the Government, with modifications, that Ministerial Staff to continue to get HPCA/PCA as per R1 H3 (Rs. 4100 for level I and below and Rs. 5300 for level I and above) of Risk and Hardship Matrix.
- This Ministry has issued OMs dated 04.02.2004 and 18.09.2019 (copies enclosed) regarding grant of HPCA/PCA to employees of various groups in Central Govl. Hospitals. No order has been issued by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare to grant of HPCA /PCA to Ministerial employees.
- ln light of the guiding principle of grant of HPCAJPCA, recommendations of the 7rh CPC and aforesaid resolution, the matter of grant of HPCA/PCA to Ministerial employees has been examined in this Ministry in consultation with the D/o Expenditure and it has been decided:
Discontinue Hospital Patient Care Allowance to Ministerial Staff
(i) To discontinue HPCA/PCA to Ministerial Staff of all Groups working in Central Govt. Health Care Facilities from the date of issue of this OM.
(ii) All Ministries/Departments shall ensure stoppage of payment of HPCA,/PCA to Ministerial Staff working in their respeclive Central Govt. Healthcare Facilities/Autonomous Bodies (including Railway, Defence, AllMS, etc.)from the date of issue of this OM.
(iii) No recovery shall be made from Ministerial Staff who have been paid HPCfuPCA on lhe basis of DoE’s resolution dated 06.07.2017. All Ministries/Departments shall submit the amount spent on payment of HPCfuPCA to Ministerial staff for regularizing the same.
- The eligibility for grant of HPCA/PCA shall continue to be governed as per this Ministry’s OMs dated 04.02.2004 and 18.09.2019.
- This issues with the concurrence of DoE vide lD Note No.A-27023/1/2018/E.11 B/7th CPC/Pt. dated 06.04.2023
Encl. as above.
(Jitendra kumar langid)
Under Secretary to the Government of lndia
- Secretaries of all Ministries/Departments i.r.o. Central Govt’ Hospitals/Autonomous Bodies/PSUs etc. under their administrative control where HPCA/PCA is being granted/applicable.
2.All JS/EAS,MoH&FW…with the request to take necessary action in respect of the Centrai Govt. Hospitals/Autonomous Bodies/PsUs etc. under administrative control where HPCA is being granted/applicable
Get Free Email Updates