TN Govt increased Maternity Leave from 180 to 270 days
The TN Govt becomes first in India to increase Maternity Leave from 180 days to 270 days for it women employees. The TN Govt Order is reproduced below
Tamil Nadu Fundamental Rules – Rule 101(a) – Maternity Leave – Enhancement of maternity leave from 6 months (180 days) to 9 months (270 days) – Orders issued
PERSONNEL AND ADMINISTRATIVE REFORMS (FR.III) DEPARTMENT
1. G.O.(Ms.) No.51, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (FR-III) Department, dated 16.05.2011.
2. G.O.(Ms.) No.61, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (FR-III) Department, dated 16.06.2011.
3. G.O.(Ms.) No.138, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (FR-IV) Department, dated 19.11.2013.
In the Government orders first and second read above, orders were issued enhancing the maternity leave from 90 days to 180 days to married women Government servants, with less than two surviving children, which may be spread over from the pre-confinement rest to post-confinement recuperation, with full pay, at the option of the women Government Servant. Accordingly, in the Government Order third read above, Rule 101(a) of the Fundamental Rules was also amended.
2. The Government, after careful consideration, based on the announcement made in the Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly by the Hon’ble Chief Minister on 01.09.2016, under rule 110 of the Legislative Assembly Rules order that the maternity leave admissible to married women Government Servants with less than two surviving children, which is 6 months (180 days) at present, be enhanced to 9 months (270 days), with full pay, which may be spread over from the pre-confinement rest to post-confinement recuperation, with full pay, at the option of the women Government Servant. The women Government Servants who proceeded on maternity leave, prior to the date of issue of this order and continue to be on that leave as of now, are also eligible for availing maternity leave upto 9 months (270 days), in total.
3. Necessary amendments to the Fundamental Rules will be issued separately.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
Get Free Email Updates