Revision of Know Your Customer/ Anti Money Laundering/ Combating the Financing of Terrorism norms in respect of POSB
SB Order No. 12/2023
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001
All Head of Circles / Regions
Subject: Revision of Know Your Customer (KYC) / Anti Money Laundering (AML) / Combating the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) norms in respect of POSB – Reg.
Master Circular No. 1 on AML/CFT norms applicable for Small Savings Schemes has been circulated in SB Order No. 14/2012 dated 09.10.2012.
- Department Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance has notified Govt. Savings Promotion General Rules 2018 (GSPR 2018) and National Savings Schemes Rules 2019 which have been implemented from 18.12.2019. GSPR 2018 prescribes the mandatory documents and other optional documents to be obtained from the depositors.
- After implementation of CBS, the process of reporting of transactions has also got changed.
- Further, in order to comply with the guidelines of Financial Intelligent Unit – India (FIU-IND) and Financial Action Task Force (FATF), it has been decided to issue revised guidelines on AML/CFT norms to be followed in the post offices in respect of National (Small) Savings Schemes and accordingly, Master Circular No. 2 of KYC / AML / CFT norms is attached herewith. This will supersede all previous orders issued on the subject.
- Appendix I of POSB (CBS) Manual (Corrected up to 31.12.2021) is amended and the contents of Master Circular No. 2 which is attached herewith shall be the amended text.
- This may be circulated to all the Offices for information and necessary actions.
- This is issued with the approval of competent authority.
Encl: As above.
(T C VIJAYAN)
Asst. Director (SB-I)
Get Free Email Updates